Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I've been having off and on headaches for 6 months. It got…

Customer Question
Hello I've been having off...
Hello I've been having off and on headaches for 6 months. It got so bad I went to ER and had cat scan done but nothing was found except pacification of right maxmillary sinus. Then went away for awhile then returned with the painful headaches above the eyes and in my cheeks.. And I went again blood work was done everything normal. And this tim a ct with contrast 3 months later showing everything clear except for severe chronic right maxillary sinusitis with complete soft tissue occlusion of images sinus and partial sinus atelectasism whatever that means. I really need some help on what to do and if this could be something more serious. I don't know what's going on. Some days I'm perfectly fine and Some days nagging headache all day in my eyebrows . I was reading about balamuthia amoeba online and I'm worried if I could possibly have it. I know there rare but I'm scared some of the cases I read patients complained of constant headaches. I'm 24 male. Healthy all my life. Any feedback would be great Thanks!
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/9/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

About to turn 24 years old

sounds like a chronic sinus headache

what have you tried for it?

Just nasal sprays and they don't seem to help. I have Tylenol that I take which helps but I don't want to keep using medicine I want it cured. Some days and weeks I'm fine and some days I have headache all day. It's not severe just nagging. What makes it feel better is when I grind or clinch my jaw it relieves the pressure. I'm just worried I have something serious it's scary to think about. It's been 6 months now. But I've had multiple ct scans and it just shows right maxillary sinus issues

How much tylenol and which nasal sprays?

Just take 2 when it's bad and I use flonase and saline spray daily if I remember

Ok. You have tried a lot.

In this case you need to see an ENT and you might need sinus surgery

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/