Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Last night i started having a constant sharp stabbing pain…

Customer Question
last night i started having...
last night i started having a constant sharp stabbing pain on the inside of the right ankle. i cannot get it to stop hurting. what could it be. i have tried taking pain pills but it still does not stop it.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/9/2017
Neurologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It seems to be nerve related as only the nerve pain can be so severe without any swelling, redness or inflammatory signs. There can be many reasons one of them is nerve compression or irritation. Since painkillers are not working i would recommend you to get it examined by a doctor to confirm the diagnosis and get a strong painkiller like tramadol to be effective. You can apply capsaicin cream over it and it is available OTC.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.