Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I been suffering from headaches for 6 months and I've had 2…

Customer Question
Hello. I been suffering from...
Hello. I been suffering from headaches for 6 months and I've had 2 ct scan one with contrast and one without. Both have only shown severe sinitus and opacification of the right maxmillary sinus. The other sinus look good they say. Some days I'm fine and some weeks. But some days I develop nagging headache all day..above my eyes and right below my eyes. I'm a little worried it could be something else. I started reading about amoebias and feel as if maybe I could have one. Not the one from lake waters that kills you within a week but the one called balamuthia amoeba and I read stories about it and I know.its very rare but the people who had I read about there cases and I seen they had constant headaches as well before they were admitted and deteriorated. I'm worried I could have one..even with the odds. I'm a 24 year old male. Any feedback would really help? Thanks
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/9/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 11 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

If we search for any symptoms; and read forums, all symptoms mimic like our own.

A normal CT scan eliminates anything serious associated with headache.

There are two common cause of headache; tension headache and migraine.

If you have not got your eyes examined by an eye specialist, please get it done.

Chronic daily headache is not a type of headache but frequent headaches of various kinds. Most people with chronic daily headache have migraine or tension-type headache as the underlying type of headache. Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. So probably this would be the first to be considered in the differential diagnosis of your headache also. A tension headache is a headache caused by tense muscles in the face, neck, or scalp. These headaches give a feeling of tightness around the head. The neck muscles can also become sore and tight. Tension headaches can be caused by staying in one position for a long time, such as reading, playing video games or using a computer.

Following are the suggested treatment for chronic tension headache;

1) Acupuncture

2) Mild massage

3) Correct posture of neck during working.

4) Relaxation technique like meditation.

5) Stretching exercises

6) Occipital blocks

7) Electrical stimulation

8) Therapeutic ultrasound

9) Hot/cold packs

10) Medications;

Dihydroergotamine

Reglan

Phenargan

Codeine

Oxycodone

Butalbital

Aspirin

Tylenol.

After the tension headaches commonest headache are migraine. Aura and vision disturbances are absent, many times in migraine. Please read the symptoms of the migraine in this resource;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-headache/DS00120/DSECTION=symptoms

There are two types of medications used for the treatment of migraine;

1) To abort the attack

Naratriptan

Dopamine antagonists

Rizatriptan

Ergotamine

2) To prevent the headache

Methysergide

Valproic acid, gabapentin

Calcium channel blockers

Beta-blockers, tricyclic antidepressants

There are dietary triggers known which should be avoided. Common triggers are

a) chocolate,

b) aged cheeses and meats,

c) wine and beer

d) citrus fruits.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.