Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I suffer from severe headaches several times a week. Pcp…

Customer Question
I suffer from severe...

I suffer from severe headaches several times a week. Pcp said migraine but the meds dont work. New pcp said tension headache because i also getna stiff and painful neck, but i dont feel stressed. Massage therapist suggested chiropractoc care as the cause of the headache may be the neck. Chiropractor (w/o x-ray) thinks the atlas is misaligned but no improvement with adjustment. Allergist says my chronic drainage due to allergies mau be the cause. Refers me to ent. Ent says he cant tell unless he does a ct. If i go through with the ct for the ent will the images be of any use for a neurologist? The ent mentioned it as a next step. Not having insurance is a big factor for me.

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Episodic. Sometimes for several days at a time. Not releived by neurotin, floriset or flexirol but the combo brings some relief. The nausea is only with some of the headaches

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had several bouts of shingles on my face (maybe 8 or 9 this past 13 months) the new pcp also said its possible phn related

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/8/2017
Neurologist: DrRussMd, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

A CT of the sinuses is limited to the sinuses and takes about three minutes.

You should see the neurologist first, and see if the neurologist recommends an MRI, a simple MRI without contrast will show the sinuses and be of most use to the Neurologist to rule out things like tumors.

I would not waste the extra money on the CT in this case.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.