Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

Advanced for age small vessel ischemic changes and volume

Customer Question
loss in hypocampal? I read...
Advanced for age small vessel ischemic changes and volume loss in hypocampal? I read the 7 symptoms and feel like I am in stage 4, can I have early dementia at 56 with this MRI reading??
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Neurology
9/8/2017
Neurologist: drphophalia, Other replied 2 months ago
drphophalia

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What are your present symptoms for which MRI was done?

Short term memory loss, sorry attention span-family setting changes in me. No injuries.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

These changes are significant but do not mean that the rate of progression may be same. Some people do not have progressive changes and further changes may be very slow. There are variety of health related risk factors which can be attributed for it;

1) High Blood pressure; uncontrolled blood pressure has been implicated.

2) High blood glucose

3) Increasing Age

4) Serum levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines; Higher levels of interleukin-6 (IL-6) and C-reactive protein (CRP) affect it.

5) Past history of any serious medical illness.

6) Depression

7) Certain medications may be associated with these changes if you are on any.

Following measures may be helpful;

1) Avoid multitasking

2) Avoid noisy environment.

3) Sleep for 8 hours.

4) If you are taking any medicines, ask your doctor if any of them may be affecting you.

5) Reduce stress and anxiety, if any.

6) Physical fitness and mental fitness go together, so walk and exercise everyday.

7) Mediterranean-type diets like whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and healthy fats from fish, nuts, and healthy oils helps promote heart health and may also lessen the risk of memory and thinking problems.

8) Eating several servings of fruits and vegetables can also protect.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

drphophalia
drphophalia
drphophalia, Other