DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

IT'S A QUESTION ABOUT AN 89 YEAR OLD DECEASED WOMEN CASE

IT'S A QUESTION ABOUT AN 89 YEAR OLD DECEASED WOMEN CASE I'M WORKING ON... SHE DIED 8/4/1989 PER THE DEATH CERTIFICATE..DECEDENT WAS 89 YO, CARDIAC ARREST 30 MINS BEFORE DEATH, MULTIPLE DECUBITIS ULCERS 8 MONTHS PRIOR & AT TIME OF DEATH & CHRONIC CEREBRAL ISCHEMIA 2 YEARS PRIOR TO DEATH AND AT TIME OF DEATH. WAS DECEDENT ABLE TO BE OF SOUND MIND TO WRITE A WILL ON NOVEMBER 27, 1988, WHICH WAS 8 MONTHS & 8 DAYS PRIOR TO HER DEATH WITH CHRONIC CEREBRAL ISCHEMIA?

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Chronic cerebral ischemia is common in the aged.

It is also common in those with arterial disease, hypertension, and coronary artery disease.

Dementia is a clinical diagnosis and is not diagnosed by an imaging finding. In other words, one can have chronic ischemia with, or without, dementia. Unless she was tested for her mental status with neurological testing, there is no specific medical indication that she was demented and of unsound mind.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.