Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I was at the crossfit gym today. Hit my head above the left…

Hi. I was at...

Hi. I was at the crossfit gym today. Hit my head above the left temple in the end if a,metal barbell on a,rack. Hurt a lot, but went away a d i did my workout, lifting, humping running. Now I have pain, and it hurts when I chew or bite down. Vision is,fine, no probs eating. Have a bump in the area. Feel congested in sinuses but of an earache. Am also treating for lyme. Should I be concerned? .this happened 8 hrs ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?

No dizziness. Don't think I have fever. With the lyme I have chills and sweats a good part of the time. Been ok so far.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. Pupils equal size too.

8/16/2017
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Humping was supposed to be jumping!

It is most likely just a bruise. This does not sound like an injury to the intra cranial structures.

For head injuries, you should have dizziness, nausea, loss of consciousness, bleeding from the ear, nose or throat etc.

Soft tissue bruise especially on the temple can cause pain while chewing since the temporalis muscle, which is a muscle of mastication originates from the temporal fossa. Any bruise in this area will cause pain during chewing.

Rest assured and keep yourself hydrated. You should be fine.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Thank you. Definitely hydrated! Appreciate the help.

My pleasure.

Take care.