How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 5674
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a lump appear only hand this morning its a tiny but

Customer Question

I had a lump appear only hand this morning its a tiny but tender when I pressure on it. On the top of my hand in the centre. What is it and how do i get it treated?
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Is it causing tingling sensation and painful touch?

Have you developed such symptom in past?

Can you please share picture.

Waiting for your reply…


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.


Thanks for staying online.

I am posting answer below-

Well, it sounds to be Ganglion cyst, It is noncancerous and fluid-filled lumps.The exact cause is unknown. Usually they are harmless and painless, and don't require any treatment.
If ganglion cyst is painful, and or it's interfering with joint movement, then it should be treated by doctor. As such there is no OTC medication to treat cyst.

First of all you need to use wrist brace or splint to immobilize the area. This will help to release the pressure on your nerves.

You can take OTC Motrin 400mg twice a day.
The only way to treat such cyst is-
Aspiration Or surgical removal.It will not effect your performance of the hand.
Aspiration procedure can be done in your doctor's office.

Here doctor need to puncture the cyst with a needle and then removes the fluid from the base of the cyst with a syringe.

Please start with your primary doctor and get it clinically evaluated.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards


Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

May i help you further?

Do you need more help?

Kind Regards