DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I was wondering what would cause my ankles to swell, if I

Customer Question

Hi there, I was wondering what would cause my ankles to swell , if I set for very long with my feet down my ankles get real tight and they swell I watch my sodium I cannot have have any salt because I deal with vertigo is this something I should be concerned about
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: for about a month now , I made a trip to Missouri and I had my feet down the whole time , and this is the first time my feet and ankles have swollen like this
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not really ,
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Yes you should be concerned.

The first possibilities is bad veins in the legs. You need a special ultrasound to see if this is the case. If so, treatment is walking, compression stockings....

Also, this can be from

thyroid disease

heart disease

kidney disease

These need to be ruled out.

See your doctor with this list.

OK, let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.