Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I was taking LevoFLOXacin 750 MG at the end of May and

Customer Question
Hello I was taking LevoFLOXacin...
Hello I was taking LevoFLOXacin 750 MG at the end of May and received extreme joint pain and for the last month I have tingling and pins and needles through my entire body. I have had all my blood work done and appears normal with the result I have had a reaction. I have gone to a Vascular Dr. and my veins are fine. I think this is my next step. Is there anything that I can take to reduce these effects?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: It has been good until I was prescribed this antibiotic for respitory infection
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really. This was not my Primary Care provider who perscribed this
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Neurology
8/4/2017
Neurologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 4 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well it seems related to your nerves more . Fluoroquinolones have been found to have caused peripheral neuropathy in few studies.

You can take vitamin B12 . Also of help are medications that decrease nerve sensitivity such as pregabalin or gabapentin.

You will need nerve conduction studies ( NCS) to find out whats wrong with nerves.

Other causes of neuropathy also need be ruled out with appropriate tests .

hope it answered your query.

Feel free to ask any more queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

You can always opt-out if you need a second opinion.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing

Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor