Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

I suffered a blow to the head near my right temple, it hurts…

Customer Question
I suffered a blow to...
I suffered a blow to the head near my right temple, it hurts to yawn and is sensitive to touching at the injury site and is a little swollen but do not have a cold or ice pack to reduce the swelling.
Also I am in a small rural community with only a clinic and a health aide that will check my injury on an emergency basis, additionally I've taken some pain meds as part of my usual nightly routine for multiple degenerative disc disease.
Should I wait until the morning after I wake up to decide to get myself checked out by the health aide?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
8/2/2017
Neurologist: Neurodoc, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Neurodoc
Neurodoc, Board Certified MD

Whether you need to consult a doctor depends on your symptoms. If after the blow you had following symptoms, then you need to consult a doctor immediately -

- feeling dizzy or lost consciousness for some time

- any bleeding from nose or ears

- double or hazy vision

- if you are not able to walk properly

If there have been none of the above symptoms, then you can wait for morning. But keep a watch if any of the above symptoms appear, then go to urgent care immediately. In the meantime, if there is someone with you to wake you every 2 hours ask you simple questions like age, day of week etc, then that would be better.

Hope this information is helpful. If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Regards

Hope your injury is better.

If you have any follow-up questions, don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Regards