Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Having knee pain in the left knee, Standing and walking make…

Customer Question
Having knee pain in...

Having knee pain in the left knee

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

Standing and walking make it worse, some swelling around the knee

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Had a right knee replacement in 2015 and have orthoarthritis

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/1/2017
Neurologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Are you overweight?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

53 yrs old, black female, yes I am overweight, in therapy
No thank I text

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having pain & swelling in left knee is most likely due to osteoarthritis.

You may be suffering from arthralgia or arthritis that is inflammation of joints.X-rays of joint & certain blood tests are required to confirm the diagnosis.

The main treatment is nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) These are anti-inflammatory drugs that can also relieve pain and stiffness.Low dose corticosteroids like prednisolone may be required.Also medications like Glucosamine and Chondroitin may be prescribed.

Take nutrious diet containing good amount of iron,calcium,magnesium,multivitamins. Bone building supplements such as vitamin D & calcium should be taken.Take 1200 mg of calcium & 800IU of vitamin D daily.

As you are overweight,so you need to loose weight.

Take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

So bot***** *****ne is I advise you to consult your ortho doctor for X-ray & blood tests to confirm the diagnosis & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & I am waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor