Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My wife for some time exhibited symptons of -polar

Customer Question
My wife for some...

My wife for some time exhibited symptons of Bi-polar tendencies. the symptons increased over a period of time. About a year ago she began with dizziness and headashes that kept getting worse. Abut 4 weeks ago she saw a local Neurologist who prescribed an EEG and an MRI. He then told her she had Encephalitis and refered her to a surgeon at UPMC in Pittsburg for shunt insertion based upon the amount of fluid on the brain. Three days ago she saw a surgeon who told her she did not have Encephlitis and refered he to anotther neurologist. Problem is the appointment is not untill October 3rd and she continues to have the sever headaches, severedizziness and the Bi-polar problems. To add to the problem she is un insured and we have to pay for all the tests and doctors visits to date and have no remedy for her problems

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Her mother has non pressur encehalitis and is unable to stand or work.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
7/30/2017
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about your wife

she should apply for some medicaid or www.healthcare.gov insurance so she has health insurance.

she needs a spinal tap to check her CSF pressure.

she should talk to her doctors and try a course of steroid pills like dexamethasone which can help decrease pressure in the brain. if this helps, then she could have increased intracranial pressure causing her symptoms