drphophalia
drphophalia, Other
Experience:  Regularly deal with musculoskeletal neurology, spinal issues, bowel and bladder dysfunctions etc.
5625079

I have alot of headaches when im sleeping and they go away

Customer Question

I have alot of headaches when im sleeping and they go away when I get up. When I lay down I can feel my heart rate pound in my head. My eyeballs hurt and sometimes if I roll my eyes or shake my head Ill get headache and see squiggly lines
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Daily but no nausea
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I recently became meopausel and been having lots of hot flashes (sweats)
Category: Neurology
Expert:  drphophalia replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Your symptoms of heart pounding in head, hurting of eyeballs, headaches and seeing lines warrant following investigations;

1) Hormonal evaluation (these symptoms can be due to menopause)

2) A complete blood cell count, an autoimmune panel (ANA, sedimentation rate, rheumatoid factor),

3) MRI of the brain and internal auditory canals.

4) MR angiographic scanning; in this a dye is injected and looks at the blood vessels of the brain (as defects in them may be causative for this sound).

The causes can be; Anemia (decreased hemoglobin), Thyroid hormone imbalance, aberrant internal carotid artery , High jugular bulb, glomus lesions etc.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.