DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I have stabbing pain on my shoulder including irritable

Customer Question

I have stabbing pain on my shoulder including irritable bowel symptoms, cramping, extreme fatigue, inability to sleep, stiffness, sometimes muscle spasm.... there are shooting pain all around stomach, thigh...there is needle and pin sensation all around my body...my buttock, hipbone and lower and upper back and shoulder hurts. Do you think I have fibromyalgia?
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: The pain is worse at night and in the morning.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have diabetes but since couple of days it's way too low even though I m eating a lot
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

Diagnosis is not something we do, and depends on exam and testing.

I can go over the possibilities but need some information.

Which symptoms are you worried about that is not diagnosed

Are you only asking about fibromyalgia?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am worried about these symptoms in my body and google searched and it shows something that's related to fibromyalgia
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

There are elements of fibromyalgia, but there are elements of chronic fatigue syndrome which is on the same spectrum but includes more of your symptoms.

Diabetes can cause neuropathy and you have elements of neuropathy as well [the burning sensation].

Chronic fatigue has profound fatigue, especially after any physical exertion.

The doctors to see that would be helpful here are a neurologist and if not neuropathy a rheumatologies, as they see the most chronic fatigue cases.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Every morning when I wake up I don't feel fresh and feel like I haven't slept enough. Plus there is stiffness all around my body. My shoulder hurts horrible. Throughout the day the pain would travel around in different parts of my body. There is also sharp pain in the pelvic area...there is shooting pain especially in the stomach and back and my buttock hurts. It's been happening since 2 weeks. I also feel there is huge lump in my throat.
Anyways thank u for ur answer
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 2 months ago.

OK.

My answer is exactly the same.

Chronic fatigue, now called mylagic myoenchephatlitis, and even called by newer names, is definitely possible.

But you need to rule out neuropathy.

If you have not had a colonoscopy and are 50 or older, that needs to be done as well.

Fibromyalgia would only have some of your symptoms.