Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

I'm a 32 year old caucasian female. I have been having many

Customer Question

Hi, I'm a 32 year old caucasian female. I have been having many neurologic symptoms since the birth of my first child. I saw a neurologist a few years ago who ordered blood and MRI to rule out MS. Both were negative. Here I am after my 3rd child with a laundry list of symptoms that come and go and seem to be exacerbated by stress. I have a history of temporary blindness in one eye. It only lasted a few hours after I noticed it when I woke up in the morning. My ophthalmologist has pointed out I have a thinning optic nerve but a neurophthalmologist who specializes in MS told me the duration of my temporary blindness is not consistent with optic neuritis and my nerve size is probably an anatomical variation.My symptoms include:
Parasthesia of hands and feet
Vertigo
Feeling like I am walking on a boat on choppy sea (the floor seems to move or feel like it is dropping under me)
Extreme fatigue
Trigeminal, occipital and now I believe I may be experiencing glossopharyngeal neuralgia?)
My husband often points out my eyes rapidly move side to side
Severe dry eye-my eye lids are glued to my eyeballs in the morning
I have felt like my proprioception is off- I have to focus on my arm movement to be able to follow it through
Tinnitus since age 8
Hand tremors
A bout of unilateral facial numbness and droopy eyelid
Sometimes it hurts to breathe
Burning sensation of arms but they are cold to touch
Feeling of rubberband wrapped tightly around fingers (tourniquet feeling)
Random stabbing pains of what I believe are my nerves throughout my bodyMy last minor URI had me in bed in extreme full body pain. Girdle pain. Extreme fatigue. Stabbing pain in heels. No signs of fever.Is this MS? Should I keep serching for a dx ? Or is this something else?I was bit by a tick in Minnesota in 1990. My recent neuro checked for Lyme but negative.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

your symptoms don't point to MS

you should ask your doctors to check your thyroid hormone levels

you could have sjorgren's syndrome causing dry eye and dry mouth.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? severe anxiety symptoms can cause many of your symptoms and can magnify small symptoms and make you worried.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I've never really thought of myself as an anxious person. People usually tell me they wish they were as easy going as me. I'm quite the opposite of a worry wart. My father is an ER dr so I grew up in a very worry-free household. My husband is the one that freaks out about everything and I am the cool calm and collected one. I have a hx of Lasik vision correction so I know the dry eye could just be that.

MRI scans would have seen signs of MS if you had MS.

have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
They came out within normal ranges