Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I am at the water park I slipped and hit the back of my head

Customer Question
on an edge. The initial...
I am at the water park I slipped and hit the back of my head on an edge. The initial fall didn't hurt but now there is a bump and my head is starting to hurt where I hit myself.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: A few minutes, if I touch it doesn't hurt but when I let it go it does.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Neurology
7/14/2017
Neurologist: Eric Goldstein, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Eric Goldstein
Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.
The.most important part of the incident is that you did not lose consciousness upon impact. The bump will resolve but it will take several days. I also expect you to experience some headache, possibly for the next few days. You can take Ibuprofin for this. You will be fine, you will just need a few days to heal.
How about blurred vision
I would give the blurred vision 24 hours to resolve. If it persists beyond then, see your doctor.
Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein, Doctor