DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

Can Anterior Compartment Syndrome be result after spinal

Customer Question

Can Anterior Compartment Syndrome be result after spinal surgery?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am on home health and have been for 6 months. My new home health PT said it sounds like this may be what is the problem with my legs. The previous home health PT just told me it was probably nerves from the spinal surgery 6 months ago. I am on Omeprazol, Amlodipine, Duloxetine, Tamazepan, Calcitonin Salmon and Zetia. I just heard of this last week so have not asked my physician yet. Legs from the knee down just feel very tight, heavy and weak. I am continuing the exercises the PT's have given me but legs still feel this way.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: I am using a walker and have fallen several times during the past 6 months. My legs feel this way even when I am sitting or lying down.It is just from the knee down on both legs I have very weak quad muscles in the left leg too which causes that knee to buckle. They are working to get me a knee brace next week and said it will help the quad muscles too. I am just confused as to why my legs feel this way.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have osteoporosis. I am 82 years old. My mother, years ago, had very weak legs but never found out was causing that.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 3 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 3 months ago.

The syndrome would not be a chronic problem, and would be obvious on exam by and orthopedist.

It is not caused by spinal surgery.

Apparently you have not followed up for this pain with your orthopedist is that correct/?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks I will check with my doctor.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 3 months ago.

OK

I am here as needed.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thank you.
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 3 months ago.

I did not suggest a phone call, that is the site, automated.

If you have more questions let me know.

Please click a 4 rating on the scale, this gets me credit with justanswer for my time. The scale is at the top of the page.

If you don't click, I don't get paid., thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have just decided to see my doctor here. Thanks. I would like a refund of my deposit. Thanks anyway
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 3 months ago.

Experts have nothing to do with money matters, we log into the site as you do.

Customer service will help you.

good luck