Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have what has previously been labeled as "atypical

Customer Question

I have what has previously been labeled as "atypical migraines with stroke-like symptoms". I am new to the Omaha, NE area. The earliest I can get in to see a headache specialist is Oct. 5th of this year. I was recently given info for Neurotherapy. Is this a viable option?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: About 4 days a week and I have had one that lasted for 3 days straight. Sometimes nausea, but not always.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: At one point in time, I was having them 6-7 days a week, then I went about 4 months without a single one. Now they are back and the frequency is increasing. Always behind and through the right eye. The right side of my face will droop, sometimes slurred speech and/or loss of balance.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well recent data shows neurotherapy to be effective in about 70% of the subjects with migraine . Its an option for those who would like an alternative to conventional medications for migraine.

Neurofeedback training can help with dysfunctions in the central nervous system, such as the increased excitability of the cerebral cortex in the case of Migraine.

Because of working directly with the central nervous system, Neurofeedback training can be very effective in stabilising the excitability of the cerebral cortex what will result in reduced headaches, less sensitivity and improvements in other symptoms associated with Migraine.

So definitely you can give it a try .

Hope it helped

hope it answered your query.

Feel free to ask any more queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

You can always opt-out if you need a second opinion.

Please avoid leaving a low rating as it hurts an expert's standing