Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I have a question about my current medical condition. I will

Customer Question
Hello I have a question...

Hello I have a question about my current medical condition. I will start by giving you some background. I have Chiari malformation one it is only measuring 6.5 mm along with that I have Syringomelia. There's prominence in the T spine focal point it's T7 through T 10. I have been seen by a neurosurgeon he has said this time the symptoms I'm about to explain or not caused by either condition. I worked in the medical field with intellectually disabled individuals. I had an injury in January four days after my injury, I started experiencing pain from my C-spine down to the lumbar area into my left leg and had blurred vision in my left eye. I seemed to get better with pain medication and some rest. I had several MRIs which showed the Chiari and the syringomelia with the syrinx I explained above. After that event I continue to work attended my doctors appointments in but sustained three more injuries at work. On April 11 was the final injury where 175 pound patient forcefully threw herself backwards on top of my 116 pound body. I was in mid Crouch pulling her pants up. After that day I have steadily declined. I am producing 8 pounds of pressure on my left side and 85 on my right. I have attended physical therapy which has not helped. The pain has increased to the point of producing nausea. The neurosurgeons at the University of neuroscience here in California have said that operation will not help. My symptoms have gotten worse. I have total left side weakness's. I have an unsteady gait, and I walk side to side . I have no clue what is wrong, or what the possibilities are. The neurosurgeon could not tell me much and because he said that he does not deal with that. If there's some type of insight you could give me that might give me a clue as to what would cause the symptoms. I am only 31 years old and I feel like I'm in the body of a 90-year-old woman.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Neurology
I also forgot to include that I have tremors, nerve crawling, burning, tingling, pins and needles sensation and dystopia. I'm am extremely confused right now.
Dystonia
Answered in 4 days by:
6/18/2017
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 5 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having this bad back pain on your left side after this trauma

you may have torn or strained a spinus erectus muscle of your back. this may not have shown up on your spine MRI scan.

have you tried using heating pads and ice packs on your back?

Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)