Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

Second opinion] fainting twice for unknown reasons within 8

Customer Question

Second opinion] fainting twice for unknown reasons within 8 months, chest stufly occasionally.
Brain MRI scan + brain MRA scan + functional imaging showed that: 1, brain parenchyma had no obvious abnormalities, 2, on both sides of the frontal sinus and ethmoid sinus inflammation: 3, MRA shows no obvious abnormalities, suggest that further clinical examinations. The MRI scan of the cervical spine revealed the expansion of the C3/4 and C4/5 discs.
EEG:
Waves features:
1) small numbers of sharp-slow waves emitted in the two sides of the forehead and the parietal area. Ipsilateral and contralateral brain areas are affected, especially during the sleep period.
2) when awaking,5-7Hz slow wave rhythms observed in the middle line and side of the forehead, ipsilateral and contralateral brain areas are affected, synchronized occasionally.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 3 months ago.

Hi there. Have you gone over the EEG results with your doctor? I'm doubtful this explains your fainting spells, but I don't have the advantage of examining you or seeing your medical record. If you came to me with this story, I certainly would want to do a cardiac work up to make sure this was not due to an intrinsic heart problem, either in terms of the rhythm of the heart or valvular function. You should ask your doctor about getting a 24-hour Holter monitor to record the rhythm of your heart over an extended period, an Echocardiogram to look at the function of the heart and its valves, and probably a treadmill test (or myocardial perfusion scan) to assess the effect of stress on the heart.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 2 months ago.

Does this make sense? Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

If you have no more questions, a positive rating would be appreciated.

Best wishes. God bless.