Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

What do I do if my partner is choking on fluids as she has

Customer Question

what do I do if my partner is choking on fluids as she has got MND and Dementia,she can only have food supplyments thickener in her drinks etc?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Loss of appetite now down to 5st. we have district nurses MND specialist nurse Dietition and others.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: The have given her 2 years to live.WE where dancing 5 nights a week 2 years ago.She now cant speak and is lost the use in her right leg has to get around on a zimmer frame.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling skin ok all down to MND and dementia.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old?

just click send to reply