How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been diagnosed with atypical trigeminal nueralgia. It

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with atypical trigeminal nueralgia. It is known as the most painful disease known to man. Can I ask a doctor for euthanasia? I live in Los Angeles. California and do not wish to continue living with this extreme pain.
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 5 months ago.

Well i completely understand your frustration as its an excruciatingly severe pain. However there are options available to manage it.

Carbamazepine is the drug of choice for this condition.

Has you doctor told you about this ?

Other options include lamotrigine, gabapentin, baclofen, tricyclic antidepressants.

These can be used in combination too if one drug doesnt help alone.

You will definitely feel better with the above mentioned drugs.