Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Can a neurologist help with migraines? Or, will they

Customer Question

Can a neurologist help with migraines? Or, will they typically prescribe statins as does my regular GP? I have no heart conditions and am now 69 and take about 5 mg of statins about 2 - 3 time per month for migraine
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: It is approximately 10 to 14 days apart and rarely with nausea
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I recently had an echo cardiogram after having some chest tightness, but the Cardiologist said that my heart is fine. So no, not that I know of
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Since how long are you diagnosed with migraine?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Migraine headache is a form of vascular headache and is by high stress periods,hormonal changes,irregular sleep,food habits,bad lifestyles etc..There can be various triggering agents.Stress is an important causative factor of such headaches.

Yes,you need to consult a neurologist for the specific treatment.

Treatment includes NSAID's like ibuprofen.Triptans such as sumatriptan (Imitrex), rizatriptan (Maxalt).The triptan with the longest history of use is sumatriptan (Imitrex). Also your neurologist doctor might prescribe you the medications that can prevent the migraine attack.

So I advise you to make an appointment with your neurologist for the best treatment accordingly.This will help you greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 months ago.

Dear customer

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh