Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

My question is what would cause me to have incredible

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** my question is what would cause me to have incredible dizziness and pain's in my head and soreness on the top of my head I do not drink I don't take drugs
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Just the past few days my stomach has been a little upset and its not headaches its sharp pains when I turn it certain ways and there is snapping or popping inside ,when I worked I would hit my head continuously and just the past few days I've been getting so dizzy I'm afraid to stand up
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I'm just worried because I don't know what's causing it
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now from what you are describing there can be a number of conditions which can cause this sort of issue. the first one which comes to mind is that you could have developed an infection in the sinuses which has tracked to the ear and this could explain the dizziness as well as the headaches that you have been experiencing. The sharp pains can occur with sinusitis. This would be diagnosed with a xray or a Ct scan of the sinuses. The treatment is usually with antibiotics and with sinus lavages.

Another cause of these pains can be related to the inner ear. BPPV which stands for benign paraoxysmal positional vertigo can cause sudden onset of dizziness and sometimes pains like the one you described. This occurs due to calcifications in the inner ear which can lead to this dizziness. The treatment is with specialized procedures done in your doctors office.

ANother cause can be related to atypical migraines which can cause intermittent sharp pain and also dizziness. this would be managed with the help of specialized medications and also with the help of preventive medications.

Lastly this can also be due to changes in blood pressure, postural hypotension can cause headaches and dizziness especially on standing up. This can be diagnosed on simple evaluation in the office and by checking your blood pressure on standing and sitting. This would be treated with increasing your fluid intake and also by wearing compression stockings.

I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about these options.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't think any of these things is what's causing it but thanks

When you hit your head repeatedly at work, did that ever cause you a concussion? Or does the snapping sensation also occur in the back of the head or involve the neck in anyway?