Neurology

Ask a neurologist. Get answers to your neurology questions.

Ask a Doctor,

My left eyeball seems is a bit swollen, left eyebrows uneven…

Customer Question
My left eyeball seems is...
My left eyeball seems is a bit swollen, left eyebrows uneven with my right brow and the two line above my lip and below my nose is shifted to the left. I have extreme pain in my left eye. I have seen optometrist he said nothing is wrong. I have seen dermatologist he said nothing wrong. I have seen eye-neurologist specialist after he recommended I do a brain and neck MRI test and nothing was found, so he as well said nothing is wrong, I saw a regular neaurologistvwho ran some tests and said nothing is found. My left eye still hurts and left eyebrow is lower compare to right brow. I have had 13 sessions of occupuncture and still no improvements. I have looked at my old photos looks like the slight facial shift has been there for the past 4 years and it's getting worse. However, the upper eyelid pain is the worst and that's what's giving me migraines. I don't have Bell's palsy doctors confirmed.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
3/21/2017
Neurologist: Dr. Captain, Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. Captain
Dr. Captain, Physician

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. So far, 99% of the justanswer community of patients has found my answers helpful, and I have the honor of being the highest rated clinician on the site! I will do my best to win over your approval as well.

— For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. Are you able to snap and send a photo of your eyebrows and eyeball? I will first provide a summary answer to your question, AND, if you would prefer some additional back-and-forth, with additional questions and more details clarified, I'm more than happy to stay around with you, free of any additional cost to you. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Our goal here is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for getting back to me. It's my left upper eyelid and below eyebrow area thats hurting me. I have drank anti-inflam meds for 2 week then advil for 5 days yet no results

I'm so sorry the eyebrow is hurting! I'm sorry the advil isn't helping either! you're just suffering!

the picture loaded perfectly, and I can see the differences.

have you tried cold compresses?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i have tried both cold and warm

how frustrating!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if you look closely at the crease below the left eye, above the eyelid, on the right eyelid it looks higher compare to the right eye.

have you tried Aleve?

Yes, I do see it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
doesnt help. what do you think could possibly be the problem? or who should i go see?

I'm a bit concerned about the possibility of an infection... and there is also some back-of-my-mind concern for what is called exophthalmos, a condition that typically effects both eyes. Both of these conditions can be evaluated by a family doctor, or else separately by a primary care doctor an an opthalmologist, respectfully.

blood work would be appropriate to rule out an infection and to assess appropriate levels of thyroid hormones

do you happen to know of any thyroid dysfunction in your family history?

do you have access to any of these doctors?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
here's another photo. please note the left eyebrow is much lower than the right. i have tried using make up to make them look even. Tests were done, no immune system problems, thyroid test was done as well nothing pisitive

I see. thank you for the 2nd photo. I see exactly what you're referring to

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a ppo and have seen over 5 doctors and none of them are helpful. they have no clue what's going on. I have done brain MR, xray, several eye tests, blood work still nothing

I'm so sorry... how frustrating

have you considered a plastic surgeon?

no necessarily for operative changes..

but facial plastic surgeons are the experts when it comes to knowing what corrective options there are for you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i asked my neurologist if it's trigeminal issue he said no. Yes i've seen a plastic surgeon she said i can even the eyebrows but not the eye but that still doesnt solve the core problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my concern is to find out the core problem. what is the underlying cause of this condition.

I see. wow, you've seen so many doctors! you've been through quite the ordeal.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
online is my last resort LOL
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope you can help me out...

I wish I could help more than all of these other doctors.. I think you are what we call the "stumper" patient... the last remaining option I can think of would be to refer you to a city where there are academic doctors who may be part of new or clinical trial studies that have access to less studied literature.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
gees thats no help! I've seen top UCLA docs

have you considered the possibility that it could be normal for you?

although we often assume that we are intended (and ought to be) symmetrical, most people are not symmetrical between left and right.

at some point, particularly after having seen so many experts who are all telling you they are not finding abnormalities, it seems reasonable to consider the possibility that this may be normal for you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i've never had this problem. It's fairly new and it progresses with time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not having this much pain. that is not normal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you for your time dr!

no, I agree. the pain is not normal.

How are you reconciling the information the doctors you've seen are telling you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
in person

I wish I had better news or suggestions for you... Have I missed any part of your posted question? Was I able to address the question you provided to your satisfaction? Naturally, I’m aiming for your 5-star rating. Can I clarify any of my explanations, or address any other specific, related parts of our conversation thus far, that you feel may be missing for a 5 star rating?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
unfortunately you have been unable to address the issue however, i do thank you for your time. have a great day!

thank you, ***** *****! I wish you only the best.