Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I started having pain in my right arm, unable to lift my arm

Customer Question

I started having pain in my right arm, unable to lift my arm up past my shoulder. it feels like I was a punching bag last night. Very sore, I kept ice on it on night but that has not helped. Yesterday I used heat and that made it hurt more.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: no swelling, when I move it up like I am doing the Chicken Dance it hurts, it burns on the outside of my arm, it I I touch my arm just below my shoulder it is sore to touch.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had an accident in 2009, had a cervical infusion in 2010. The doctor said I had a torn muscle he could see when it did the surgery. I have gotten several steroid injections in my lower back last week because of lower herniated discs. All of my earlier injuries seem to be coming back , why. Nerve senses in the hands, now my right arm unable to lift.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

Are you saying you were told you had a torn rotator cuff muscle?