Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I HAD A BOXING SPARR YESTERDAY AND GOT HIT IN THE HEAD HARD

Customer Question

I HAD A BOXING SPARR YESTERDAY AND GOT HIT IN THE HEAD HARD A FEW TIMES. I FEEL WIERD AND IM WONDERING IF I HAVE A SLIGHT CONCUSSION? HOW DO DOCTORS CHECK FOR IT?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: SINCE LAST NIGHT WAS THE SPARR I HAVE NECK PAIN AND STILL HAVE A HEADACHE WHICH IS BETTER THEN IT WAS LAST NIGHT BUT STILL THERE
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I DO REQUENT FROM HEADACHES BECAUSE OF MY TMJ BUT ITS DIFFERENT. I DO FEEL KIND OF SICK TO MY STOMACH AND A LITTLE LIGHT HEADED
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Symptoms of concussion are dizziness, loss of consciousness, nausea, vomiting, amnesia and exact diagnosis is confirmed on CT scan. You do not seem to have typical symptoms, rather these can be due to repeated trauma to the head. Take tablet tylenol and massage the affected area with olive oil. If you feel any symptoms mentioned above do see your doctor. Nothing to worry for now.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on the top of this screen.

Regards.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.