How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 8770
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 22 year old son is about to start Work at Ostwald bros

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: My 22 year old son is about to start Work at Ostwald bros this week. He has had a full medical and as he has had epilepsy years ago they want clearance from a specialist. Lachlan has had one epilepsy seizure about 8 years ago and has not been on medication for about 5-6 years. I am having trouble trying to get him into a specialist to get his clearance.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: He saw a doctor in Miles Qld and he is on no medications and hasn't been for about 6 years.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No nothing at all. He had a $400 medical done which is 8 pages long but the referral from Dr Chamara Adikari said because of the epilepsy history (one seizure) he just needs a clearance letter
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately the only way he can get a clearance letter that is going to be accepted is to see a doctor face-to-face or in-person.

Any letter provided online is not going to be accepted firstly because most of the doctors on this site are overseas registered like for instance I am registered practitioner in Australia but if I give you an online letter it would not be accepted in Australia.

So you would have to see a doctor in-person.

I am sorry that we cannot be of any help.

Let me know if you have any other things that I can help you out with or any questions that you may have.

Kindest regards