Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

I have chairi malformation type one with the sprinx I had

Customer Question

I have chairi malformation type one with the sprinx I had brain decompression surgery in 2011. It has been rough since but have done well till nov 2015 of Nov to where my providers put me on ltd due to chronic pain and migraines. Well in 2016 my doctor had order a MRI of my brain and cervicalit was denied by Cigna seven times reason as says your cyst has been removed or you had surgery and it's gone numerous reason well we finally got it and now neurologist wants me to go back and see my neurosurgeon due I have developed hydromylemia what does that mean
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He knows everything
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On the MRI in finding it says The hydromyelia of the cervical spinal canal cord Does this mean I have to have a shunt put in
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Hydromyelia refers to an abnormal widening of the central canal of the spinal cord that creates a cavity in which cerebrospinal fluid can accumulate. As spinal fluid builds up, it may put abnormal pressure on the spinal cord

if you are having neurological symptoms from the spinal cord at that level, a surgery to repair the abnormal widening can be done.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I wish I could talk more but I know I don't have the money to pay you 50 at least I got some kind of answer Do I have to have surgery or can I live with this condition

you can live with this condition for now

and see if your symptoms get worse.

you should ask your doctor what level your hydromyelia is at.

and see if you are getting symptoms from that level.

you should see your neurosurgeon.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok and thank you my biggest problem now is we have Cigna insurance now and they will not allow me to see the neurosurgeon I had at barrows institute I have to stay in NM and I can not find a neurosurgeon who know about chairi a lot of neurologist tell me I am cure They don't take the time to read my reports Do you happen to know someone in NM

UMN Neurological Surgery: Taylor Christopher MD Neurologist · North Campus Address:*****NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106 Phone(###) ###-####/p>

Southwest Neurosurgical Associates: Metzger Andrew K MD Surgeon Address:*****NE # B, Albuquerque, NM 87111 Phone(###) ###-####/p>

Dr. Brett R. Henderson, MD Neurosurgeon Address: 3850 E Lohman Ave #300, Las Cruces, NM 88011 Phone(###) ###-####/p>

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com