How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chip (M.D.) Your Own Question
Dr Chip (M.D.)
Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 32757
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr Chip (M.D.) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 65 year old female who has been waking up with

Customer Question

I am a 65 year old female who has been waking up with headaches for about 3 weeks. i thought it was a sinus problem and would use nasal spray or water and due to the dryness and make myself sneeze. The headaches were getting worse and waking me up several times at night. I take Tylenol which seems to help. I just couldn't take it anymore and yesterday went to the ER and they did a CT Scan which everything came back negative. I was told to follow up with a neurologist. The one they referred me to is on vacation for a month. I have been making phone calls for the past two hours and can not get an appointment with anyone for today or even tomorrow. As I was awoken twice in the night and now still have a headache. I was diagnosed with cluster heacaches. I am frustrated and do not know what to do. I live in Las Vegas, NV. Should I return to the ER??
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: The headache was first episodic and now appears to be daily, especially at night. NO real nausea, but I have IBS and have gotten myself so anxious that I have diahrea and very slight nausea, I think due to nerves.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: The only medication I take is Actenol once a week for bone density. Otherwise pretty healthy.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

Yes, you need to get back to the ER

While 95% of headaches are painful but not dangerous, the other 5% can be from leaking brain aneurysms and that might not have shown up at first with the ct scan you had

I would get an MRA of your brain--an angioMRI--to better check for a bleed

Please let me know if you need any more information