Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

After a bunionectomy, can the foot be allowed to rest below

Customer Question

after a bunionectomy, can the foot be allowed to rest below heart level at intervals?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today

After a bunionectomy,the foot should be kept elevated as much as possible.This will help in quick recovery.

However,yes,you can allow your foot to rest below heart levels at intervals.

Also keep walking to a minimum, wearing your special shoe and keeping all the weight through your heel.

So bot***** *****ne is elevating your feet will help to reduce swelling and pain during the bunion surgery recovery period. But for rest,you can keep it down for some time.

Thank you.Hope this helpedIf you have any further question then you can ask me.Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Also for initial period of recovery,you can use crutches or a cane for the first few weeks after bunion surgery to keep as much weight off the foot as possible. The less weight on the foot, the better and faster you will heal.

The elevation of foot will help to reduce swelling & pain.So you should keep it elevated as much as possible.However,yes,you can allow your foot to rest below heart levels at intervals.

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your pain & swelling in foot now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 months ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh