Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

Severe burning sensation in palm of left hand and fingers,

Customer Question
however hand does not feel...
severe burning sensation in palm of left hand and fingers, however hand does not feel hot
on scale of 1 - 10 I"m at a 8 in pain
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: Neurology
11/22/2016
Neurologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 12 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how long you have the symptoms of this severe burning sensation in palm of left hand and fingers?

Any tests done so far?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

I do not have audio but this was in right hand but now in left hand very severe
I have done nothing the right hand was never this bad

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having severe burning sensation in palm of left hand and fingers & pain on scale of 8 can have all kinds of different causes, as it is a symptom of many different diseases.

It usually arises from damage or disease of nerves.Its most common causes are:nerve compression syndromes, pressure on the spinal nerves such as that due to a herniated disk,high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke,transient ischemic attack.Also this can be due to:Underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B 12,certain medications. The underlying cause of burning sensation should be identified and then treated by your doctor. You need following tests:

-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,
-Certain blood tests,
-Electro physiological studies
-Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) Most likely this burning sensation & pain can be due to disease of nerves. <div style="mso-element:para-border-div;border:none;border-bottom:solid windowtext 1.0pt;
mso-border-bottom-alt:solid windowtext .75pt;padding:0in 0in 1.0pt 0in"><p class="MsoNormal" style="border:none;mso-border-bottom-alt:solid windowtext .75pt;
padding:0in;mso-padding-alt:0in 0in 1.0pt 0in">So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly. Thank you.Hope this helpedIf you have any further question then you can ask me.Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.We are here to help you until you satisfy.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online

Damage to nerves seems to be the most probable cause of this.It is most likely caused by age-related changes in the intervertebral disks.It is generally caused by the compression of spinal nerves. Any compromise of the nerve space in the spinal column can lead to compression of the nerve endings and can cause these symptoms.Usually peripheral nerves are affected leading on to this symptom of burning sensation.

Neurologist is the best doctor you need to make an appointment with.Analgesics, low doses of antidepressants, and some anticonvulsant medications may be prescribed for relief from this burning sensation.

So I advise you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Neurologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor