Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

I need to see a neurosurgeon here in NY but i have no

Customer Question

I need to see a neurosurgeon here in NY but i have no insurance i need consulttaion for my MRI results i called and they said consultation is $700 or more which I cannot afford
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have peroneal motor nerve injury on both legs seen from the EMG and from MRI, lumbar disc degenerative disease, just so many lesions seen like dic bulge, disc thinning, disc protrusion and hemngiomas
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: yes i have all copies of the results. i also have the cd from the mri results
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have hypertension, asthma, hypothyroidism
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dr. Mo here. Are you looking to have surgery done?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No but need to know if my symptoms of right leg weakness n numbness is permanent or temporrary. I will include my mri results and need ynderstanding
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 9 months ago.

How long have you suffered from the weakness and numbness? Is it on both or just one leg?

Are you doing any physical therapy to help improve the status of the nerve?

Please give me a moment to review the images.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sept 16 it started. More weakness n numbness on the right leg. At times, left leg is affected.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am using a cane for ambulation outdoors since i have imbalance. By the end of the day, i am exhausted.my energy level has gone down
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for the MRI results.

You have some diffuse disc disease but thankfully nothing serious. There is no specific location where permanent damage has been done according to your MRI findings.

What specific questions do you have for me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do i need to worry about future complication? Will my symptoms go away or physical therapy will help?
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 9 months ago.

That's a good question.

The chance of these things getting worse is low, however, only if you are doing things that will help you improve the health of your spine. Such as weight loss, the right exercises and maintaining a healthy diet.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 9 months ago.

Your symptoms likely won't go away if you don't do anything about it. Physical therapy can help a lot. You might only need a few sessions to have them show you exactly what you need to do and then you can take over and do those exercises yourself.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
with physical therapy and back strengthening exercises, I should be good?
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 9 months ago.

You should notice a massive improvement with those things. I don’t think you have the kind of back that needs surgery, that’s the good news based on the reading of your MRI report.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank u so much
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 9 months ago.

You are welcome.

Please ​rate this answer once you are completed.

Feel free to return for any follow up questions, I don't believe there is a charge for that.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 9 months ago.

Hope my answers were helpful.

Please rate my answer so that I can be compensated.