Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

For the past 3 weeks I have been experiencing numbness in my

Customer Question

Hello, for the past 3 weeks I have been experiencing numbness in my legs, feet and hands. My legs are stiff. I have also had a couple of episodes in the past of dizziness and blurred vision and pain in the eye. I have seen my doctor and she is sending me for an MRI because my father had MS... I am worried in the mean time waiting for the MRI... Do you think this is a possibility?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Can you tell me your age and gender please?

Are you on any medication currently?

Do you have any previously diagnosed medical conditions?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
34 female
I have an IUD (mirena)
No

Thanks for the reply.

Your doctor is just trying to alleviate concerns of this being MS because of your current symptoms and since MS is deemed more likely in people who have had close relatives specially first degrees suffering from MS. Although, MS is not a hereditary condition. But considering that MS does not have any specific set of symptoms and diagnosis always starts with a possibility, it is best to start ruling it out early on.

Your symptoms could be due to a lot of conditions ranging from vitamin A and B12 deficiency to nerve impingement.

However, it is always best to have an MRI done early rather than later so that peace of mind can be achieved.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.