How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Internist Your Own Question
Internist, Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1066
Experience:  MD,MBBS, Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Internist is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have severe leg cramp like pain in both calfs. I was told

Customer Question

I have severe leg cramp like pain in both calfs. I was told by cardiolgist that it was not blood flow but might be nerve related. I am looking to talking to a Nurologist about solutions
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Internist replied 9 months ago.

hi there,

i am online and will be happy to answer your questions.

are you diabetic?

does your pain worsen on walking?

can you please state your questoin

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no I am not a diabetic
Yes I only have pain when I walk If I stop and rest it goes away When I start walking again the pain in the calfs start again. While short walking say around the home it doesn''t affect me much It seems its a nerve issue or tendons My question is should I see a neurologist. The pain becomes so bad I must stop walking Harry Drier
Expert:  Internist replied 9 months ago.

did you already see a cardiologist?

do you have pain in your back?

your symptom is called intermittent claudications which can be due to cardiovascular and or neurlogoical cause

if your cardiologist ruled out cardiovascular cause, then , yes you should see neurologist as spinal stenosis can cause similar problem

feel free to ask any questions you have

please click on accept if this helped

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have seen a cardiologist on this issue several times
I do not have back pain There are times that walking does not cause this intense pain No obvious cause for it occuring other times
Can you give me name and number of a neurlogist in the palm beach area if you think its warranted
Expert:  Internist replied 9 months ago.

sure, can you tell me city / state/ zip code

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I live on Singer island so somewhere in North Palm, palm beach gardens, rivera beach Fla 33404 area
Expert:  Internist replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Laszlo J. Mate, MD

address 824 US-1 #230, North Palm Beach, FL 33408

Expert:  Internist replied 9 months ago.

I am here to help you and I wish you best health,

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box.

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask anytime.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

Thanks for using