Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I have epilepsy plus I suffer from former injuries due to a

Customer Question
car accident, stroke, and sergury...
I have epilepsy plus I suffer from former injuries due to a car accident, stroke, and sergury for a way to stop the seisures. what is yor answer of this to me?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes I have. The doctor believes this is not a good thing to do He thinks this a drug to which would cause me to go to other drugs. I take several drugs, phenobarbital,citalopram, Zonisamide,
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have depresson very bad due to a bad incident in marrige, he was an abuser both mentaly ant physical. this has left me a very sad person. All of this plus I cannot drive due to the seisurs.
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: My seisures began when I was 11, the battering from my husband lasted 17 years and ended 1986. I have had broken bones from a car accident in 1973, and brain surgery in 2008 to try to help with the siesures, then in 2012 when I was working , the company was trying to see if they could make me quit, but before that happened I had a stroke and have spent the last 5 years unable to be free of being depressed. I had gon to counciling befor both married and in the past 5 years and somtimes it feels good but does not last.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
10/9/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

any other medical issues?

how can I help?

what is your question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could you be able to give the medication of canabas
I have used marrijana many years ago ( 1974 ) so I know that it did not cause me harm. I felt better in many ways.
Neurologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Phone call session started

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I take three meds for seisures one for depressen one to help me sleep asparin for my heart .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the blackout type spell but this did not start until medications were changed over n over to try to help. Also I suffer from depression which started from marriage abuse. I have had a broken back from a car accident many years ago but my back has always hurt so,
,some nights of sleep can be a unrestful night. I will take pain pills for this, but my pill trays are full. In 2008 I was still driving and had an accident. I went off the road not knowing at all that I did , that was in a blackout. It was about a year later that I tried brain surgery to try to end my problem, but during the start they said I had a stroke so they stopped. Now it is ten years later of staying at home ,not being able to have that freedom to go as I please.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please email me rather than call

I can't email but we can skype if you would like.

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD