How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mo Your Own Question
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1159
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mo is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have something to tell you. When I was 13 I pushed my

Customer Question

Hi. I have something to tell you. When I was 13 I pushed my pressure point. The one right underneath your ear. I pushed it for months and about four years later I started to have short-term memory loss. I have permanent erectile dysfunction. I had penile implant surgery done for it and it still doesn't work. I can't really get into a deep sleep. I can't get mad normally and I can't cry and now I lost my smile. I'm just having a lot of side effects from pushing my pressure point and damaging the nerves in my brain and I just had a question to ask you. Is there any kind of surgery that can be done to help restore the nerves in your brain and to get my life back on track the way it used to be before all this stuff happened?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Dr. Ashori here to help you. Give me a moment to read your

question and I will reply to you shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 year ago.

There isn't any surgery to be done that could change this. It would be important to check your blood hormones and other lab work to make sure that something else isn't in the abnormal range.

Thyroid and vitamin levels can be abnormal and cause similar symptoms. It's hard to say if the nerve pressure you applied could have caused something with your blood work but it's worth investigating.

A neurologist or psychiatrist may also be able to do a functional MRI of the brain to see if any parts are firing less or more than they should.

Have you tried any medication to help the symptoms you are describing? Particularly not being able to smile?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't tried any medications. What's a good medicine to help bring a smile back?
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 year ago.

It would depend on various factors. Your doctor may try an SSRI or SNRI. I would recommend having a therapist decide what's best for you. Without having spent some time talking to you it's hard for me to recommend a medication.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank You very much.
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 year ago.

Hope my answers were helpful.
Is there anything else I can clarify?
If you are done with this case please click on "Rating" to complete

Thank you
Dr Ashori