Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

There is inferior heriniation of the cerebellar below the

Customer Question
foramen magnum by 1.5cm...
There is inferior heriniation of the cerebellar below the foramen magnum by 1.5cm suggestive of Chiari malformation.
Is there anyway other than surgery
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
9/26/2016
Neurologist: Dr. David, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Board Certified MD

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

in the USA, there are alternative doctors such as osteopathic medicine doctors who treats Chiari malformation using cranialsacral therapy which is an extremely gentle form of manipulation to create a therapeutic response in the body

also you can try acupuncture to see if that helps chiari malformation

but if these don't work, you may have to have surgery for the herniation of 1.5cm.

are you having headaches or nausea or neck pains at this time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have mid headache and back pain Ali burning sensation

I see.

you are in Japan?

talk to you doctor about acupuncture to see if that works

or else, you may need to have surgery to repair your Chiari malformation.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified MD