How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 46677
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is inferior heriniation of the cerebellar below the

Customer Question

There is inferior heriniation of the cerebellar below the foramen magnum by 1.5cm suggestive of Chiari malformation.
Is there anyway other than surgery
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

in the USA, there are alternative doctors such as osteopathic medicine doctors who treats Chiari malformation using cranialsacral therapy which is an extremely gentle form of manipulation to create a therapeutic response in the body

also you can try acupuncture to see if that helps chiari malformation

but if these don't work, you may have to have surgery for the herniation of 1.5cm.

are you having headaches or nausea or neck pains at this time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have mid headache and back pain Ali burning sensation
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 months ago.

I see.

you are in Japan?

talk to you doctor about acupuncture to see if that works

or else, you may need to have surgery to repair your Chiari malformation.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using