Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I've been having strange feeling in my head then shaking of

Customer Question
Hi I've been having strange...
Hi I've been having strange feeling in my head then shaking of my legs. Yesterday I had an episode with what seemed like a bolt of lightning in my head a I saw a blob of red the my legs shook.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: A couple of weeks. No answer to second question.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have depression and anxiety. Ct scan was done of my head at hospital and it was normal.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2016
Neurologist: Dr. SH, Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Can you please elaborate your question a little more.
What is your age and gender?

Do you have any other medical problems?
Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?
Please let me know.
Kindest regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Age 36 white female
Take 40 mg viibryd daily

How is your sleep?

How is your depression and anxiety currently?

Please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Depression and anxiety are high. Very stressful job.

I personally think that increased anxiety and depression could be a factor that is causing your symptoms, as far as I am concerned. A lot of anxiety and depression can lead to a large number of nerve related symptoms like what you are experiencing.

However, having said that, I would like that you should have MRI of the brain and neck done to be sure it is normal.

Sometimes CT scan can miss things that MRI can pick up.

This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do u have any idea what condition I may have?

I personally think that the most likely cause is a lot of stress.

However the thing that I would like to rule out with further tests is what is called as multiple sclerosis (MS).

Kindest regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician