Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

I have an achy fullness in my flanks on both sides when I

Customer Question

I have an achy fullness in my flanks on both sides when I sit down or lay down. If I sit up straight it improves. When I stand up its pretty much gone. I have no other symptoms 3rxcept on occasion I get a sharp pain in my left side
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 months ago.

This is Dr. David

are you overweight?

you could have strained muscles in your back or pinched nerves in your back which could be causing your achy fullness and back pain.

sitting up straight can help your posture and help your bones align better.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not overweight. In fact I am quite slim. I have gained a little bit in my love handle and stomach area but not much at all. This is the area I feel aches and fullness. I feel this ache and fullness more when I lay down or sit down. I drive a lot and it bothers me in the car and sitting in my office chair. The aches and fullness are not in my back though. It is entirely on my sides and side front area.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I stand or sit up straight it feels much better

I see.

you could have bowel inflammation or constipation or a hernia causing these symptoms.

do you have a GP doctor who can examine you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a local GP I can seeI have a very strong history of bowel cancer on my fathers side . Should I be concerned about this?

no, you don't have to worry about colon or bowel cancer to cause these symptoms.

colon cancer would be causing other symptoms.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com