Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

2 Months ago I was playing soccer and got head butted in the

Customer Question

2 Months ago I was playing soccer and got head butted in the jaw. I had a stiff neck for a few weeks and went to the chiropractor, the neck pain has gotten better with time and been much better. Recently when I was eating bread I realize I have clicking in my jaw where I was hit. It has been improving week to week. Tonight I finally decided to return to play soccer. As I began to run I hear clicking . I am not sure where it's coming from but it's really concerning me . What can this be ? The clicking does not occur when I walk but when I start running
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

You very likely have dysfunction of the Tempotomandibular join as a result of the incident. You should see a dentist for examination and treatment. Generally, depending on the degree of dysfunction, special exercises are quite effective. I would not have this managed by a chiropractor as further manipulation could make it worse and delay improvement

If this asnwers our question, please complete the rating above. It's how we get credit for the service. Best wishes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure thing. Is it possible to fix this without surgery? It has been already 2 months

I apologize, I just saw your response.

• Well, there is not talk about surgery at this point. It is highly unlikely that you will need it. Just see a dentist for this.
  • Again, do not let the chiropractor try to treat it. It can make it worse