Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I have had pressure in my right temple for about 4 weeks

Customer Question
now, along with nausea, cramping...
I have had pressure in my right temple for about 4 weeks now, along with nausea, cramping in the right side of my neck, my right arm, hand and leg feels like they go to sleep often. I also have a fuzzy feeling in my head along with difficulty finding my words when speaking. I am a woman and almost 40. I also have recently noticed that I've become dyslexic sometimes. My eye Dr. cleared me of anything to do with my eyes. I was given a diagnosis of inner ear infection about 7 years ago. This is different this time. What would you suggest? Should I be really concerned?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
8/22/2016
Neurologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't take any medications. I do have an irregular heartbeat

Thank you for that additional information.

From what you have posted, it is possible that you could be having mild TIA's, especially with the problems finding words.....

You should get a complete exam by your primary care MD and, if indicated, an MRI.

Since this has been going on for a month I do not believe you have to rush to the ER today but this is, definitely, something that warrants a complete workup and, possibly, a referral to a neurologist.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The pressure gets worse when I lean or lay down. It usually starts within 30 minutes of waking in the morning.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a family history of aneurysms. My aunt died at the age of 26 from my dads side and my moms mom died at the age of 34 both from brain aneurysms

That could be a sign of elevated intracranial pressure. You would need a LP to evaluate this possibility.

I do not think your symptoms are from an aneurysm. Also, family history for medical issues really only applies to immediate family: Siblings, mother and father....not Aunts and Grandparents.

If you are worried about having an aneurysm then a MRA or cerebral angiogram should be able to rule one out.....

Make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD