Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  Experience of Neurology of over 4 years, well versed in EEG, NCS and EMG alongwith MRIs and CT scans
22950887

Will ice help my radial nerve palsey affecting my hand and

Customer Question

Will ice help my radial nerve palsey affecting my hand and fingers?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: I am a musician and never had this problem, no.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: have just started taking meds for sugar.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 11 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now with radial nerve palsy you would have problems like difficulty in moving your hand in an upwards direction. Unfortunately Ice will not help in improving the symptoms, it just decreases the swelling in soft tissues including muscles however it wont affect the nerves or cause a decrease in swelling over the nerve. Now in most cases the treatment of radial nerve palsy is to treat the underlying cause unless it is traumatic in nature. The best way to treat radial nerve palsy which is non traumatic is with steroids. Traumatic radial nerve palsy improves with time with the use of physiotherapy and other therapies.

However ice wont help in improving the palsy unfortunately.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/