How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Mark Your Own Question
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 1985
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am in a complicated situation as a result of a major

Customer Question

I am in a complicated situation as a result of a major accident three years ago when a surfboard slammed into my face. I pretty much fractured every bone and one issue I have had ongoing since the accident is leaking from my left ear and now it has progressed to a pressure leaking problem. I have been surviving on antibiotics. If I stop them, I will have to go straight to the ER. I am trying to stay out of the ER. I really would like to find someone to work with and am having a hard time finding someone who wants to get involved with a unique situation. I do not have hearing loss.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 12 months ago.

This is Dr. David

you could have a CSF fluid leak from your ear

you need to see an ENT doctor and a neurologist

there are special neuclear medicine CSF studies which can tell if the fluid coming out of your ear is due to CSF fluid

you may benefit from a myringotomy tube in your ear drum to help the fluid drain out.

do you have insurance to be able to see an ENT doctor and neurologist or neurosurgeon?

Related Neurology Questions