Neurology

Ask a Neurologist. Get Answers to Your Neurology Questions.

Ask a Doctor,

Neurology

I have a Carotid CTA scan from a little while ago and a

Customer Question
Carotid MRI study from last...
I have a Carotid CTA scan from a little while ago and a Carotid MRI study from last week and I want to compare them for any changes in the plaque load. I'm looking for a radiologist who can do this. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Neurology
8/15/2016
Neurologist: Nadim Al-Mubarak, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Nadim Al-Mubarak

Greetings

Where is the plaque located? Is it in the internal carotid arteries?

I am a Carotid expert with over 20 years experience treating carotid disease.

• Generally, you can not compare the plaque load between these two studies. You would be comparing apples and oranges
  • But, for the clinical indications, and wether a blockage needs to be treated or observed, this question can be answered
  • I am happy to look at your CTA and MRA, if you forward the images
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am looking to see if the plaque has regressed from the time of the CTA study to the time of the MRI study. I will send you a link to the files shortly. Why is like comparing apples to oranges?

OK..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here are the files:
http://bit.ly/2bvbXMa
The question I have for you is:
Has the plaque regressed (reduced in size) from the time of the CT Scan (1st) to the MRI scan (2nd)
Thank you

I have not been able to open these studies. Are you able to send it here as an attachment?

I understand your question very well but I tried again and have not been successful. Let me know if there is another way for me to review your studies

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The studies combined I believe are 1gb. So I can't send them here. They have to be at a large file site like dropbox. You will need to download them to your computer and then unzip them. Depending on your download speed downloading may take awhile

I see, Ok. I will try it again

I see, Ok. I will try it again

I do not have the right software to view this files, I am not able to view them. I will try another PC

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What computer and operating system are you using? Did you download the file and it would not open for you?

I am using a Mac, and Idid download the files, was able to unzip them but not able to view them

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
For viewing these file on a Mac:
Downloading Image Files
1.) Download the .ZIP files to your Downloads folder.
2.) Double-click on the .ZIP files to allow OS X to extract them into sub-folders.
Download and Install Mac-compatible Viewer
3.) Download OsiriX Lite (originally downloaded from http://www.osirix-viewer.com/ContributionOsiriX.html for the open-source viewer).
4.) Once downloaded, double-click the OsiriX Lite dmg file to install it into the Applications folder on your mac.
5.) When complete, an icon for OsiriX Lite will be available in the Applications folder and on the dock as possible.
Import Images Files for Viewing
6.) Open OsiriX Lite and click on the Import toolbar button in the upper-left.
7.) Browse to your Downloads folder, then select one of the new folders created above. Click open to select that folder.
8.) OsiriX will prompt to copy the files into the OsiriX Database or create links only. Choose the Copy Links button.
9.) Repeat the process with the second folder created from step 2.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Were you able to view the files with the above instructions?
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)