Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

When I straighter my right arm my hand falls asleep and I

Customer Question

When I straighter my right arm my hand falls asleep and I get a pain all the way to my shoulder blade.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Since how long you have the symptoms of numbness(falling asleep) & pain in right arm upto shoulder?

Any history of recent injury?

Any chest pain?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having numbness(falling asleep) and pain all the way to your shoulder blade is suggestive of most likely due to nerve root compression(pinched nerve).

Any compromise of the nerve space in the spinal column can lead to compression of the nerve endings.This occurs because of wear and tear or injury or degeneration of the discs.

You need following tests:

-Electromyography(EMG)
-Nerve conduction studies,
-Certain blood tests,
-Electro physiological studies

So my best advise for you is to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Till than take tab. Ibuprofen 400mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly in reducing inflammation & hence the pain.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

If there anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me.I am happy to hep you.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh