How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Neurology
Satisfied Customers: 55454
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Neurology Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have severe pain that has been with me for a couple of

Customer Question

I have severe pain that has been with me for a couple of years now. One of the main things is my foot on right side has severe pain and toes curl . They told me I had neuropathy . Doctors told me that the nerve was pinched in L4/L5(see pic below) but got excited and said that it was this inflamed blood vessel causing my problem because it was pressing on nerve. He said he was 100 percent sure this was problem . He did say it would take several months for complete healing .
After more than a year now he has told me that he has no idea what is causing this . He had did injection/ physical therapy and other things but gives up now.
I personally think it's got something to do with my hormones and not retaining the nutrients my body needs .
I'm only wanting someone to answer this with experience in a situation like this . I live in pain everyday . It's very disappointing when a top surgeon in Texas tells you he is 100 percent sure that he has took care of problem and now says he don't have a clue . Please look at my blood work . Let me know if you see anything . Let me know how I can get nutrients I need
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

HOw old are you?


Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm 47 white female, I'm taking hydrocodone, adderral and now the doctor put me on progesterone since this last blood test
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had Gastro surgery several years ago
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Prior to the blood work, I've been take Vitamin D supplements
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

There is nothing in those tests that helps to explain your pain.

I do not believe it is from some sort of missing nutrient or your hormone I do not think you need an special nutritional supplement....

You might consider going to a large teaching hospital for a second opinion. Why there? Because

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm a little confused . The Neurologist I'm seeing now told be that my D level was off and felt like I was not getting the D3 my body needs . I was also off on my totestrone and a couple more things .
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also stay extremely thirsty since the beginning of this . I drink lots of water and Gatorade. I even quit taking any kind of medication for two weeks think that that might be what is making me thirsty
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just realized your a eye doctor . Please release my question and If I posted in this area Im sorry
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 11 months ago.
I'm an internal medicine doctor. Would you like my help?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.