Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Two days ago I noticed lumps, or bulges, had formed on both

Customer Question

Two days ago I noticed lumps, or bulges, had formed on both the inner creases of my elbows. These can only be seen when I extend my arms. The one on the left is slightly larger than the one on the right. They are not red or painful. I don't play sports, and have never seen anything like this before on my body. What could this be? Should I see a doctor?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Can you attach a picture of these lumps?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of painless lump without any redness on both the inner creases of elbows since last 2 days are suggestive of a condition called lipoma.It is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin.

A lipoma is a growth of fat cells, technically a tumour but typically non-cancerous.It’s rounded and rubbery and doesn’t usually hurt when touched.

It is diagnosed by physical examination by your doctor.In general, lipoma is left untreated because there is no known method of treating it and because it is harmless .So it do not generally require treatment.

So bot***** *****ne is that this is not to worry but for confirmation of diagnosis,you can consult your doctor.

Hope this helped.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

Is there anything else that you would like to know.I am happy to address your follow-up questions. Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am a 40 year old female. Attached are pictures of the lumps on both arms that have appeared.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for uploading these 3 pictures.I have seen them all.

Yes,these lumps are most probably & mos likely due to lipoma..Exact cause of lipoma is also not known..It is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin.

This is not cancerous or serious or dangerous condition.

For confirmation,examination from your doctor is required.

So bot***** *****ne is that there is nothing to worry.These lumps are most likely to be due to lipoma.

And please do not forget to leave positive rating.Bonus are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Could these be swollen lymph nodes? Or how about bursitis? I am looking online for answers.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is it common for lipomas to just form spontaneously? On both elbows at the same time? Seems strange.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Yes,,swollen lymph nodes can be a possibility.Needs to be ruled out by your doctor.Depends on your other symptoms like fever,any recent history of infection.

Bilateral bursitis can be very unlikely.

Yes,lipomas can form spontaneously.If you do not have any recent history of infection or injury,then lipoma is most probable cause followed by enlarged lymph nodes.

Your medical history & clinical examination will be required for confirmation.

So I advise you to make an appointment with your GP/PCP accordingly.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If they are swollen lymph nodes, what would be the cause of this happening to me? What can I do to reduce the swelling?
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 11 months ago.

Lymph node infection is called Lymphadenitis.It is a common complication of certain bacterial infections such as streptococcus or staphylococcus.Swelling of the lymph glands is typically a result of local or widespread inflammation.

In other words,lymph nodes gets swollen due to an underlying infection or inflammation.

Once the underlying cause is treated,these enlarged lymph nodes will get reduced by its own.

You may need blood tests & examination to find out the underlying cause of this.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh