DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

Still having muscle spasms in lower back after car accident

Customer Question

Still having muscle spasms in lower back after car accident on July 12, 2016. Just recently, my right arm has become very weak. Lifting has become an issue, need to know if or what type of Doctor to see to confirm.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Was there any severe injury in the car accident?

Was x-ray or any other tests done?

Do you have any pain anywhere?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am a double board certified US doctor and I can answer this for you. It is very clear.

Weakness from a disc problem and spinal nerve compression can be an emergency.

You need to go to the ER.

They will, depending on exam findings, get and MRI, and refer you either to an orthopedic specialist, or a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist.

Usually, spinal orthopedist.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/